Saturday, August 18, 2007

QUILTS, QUILTS, SO MANY QUILTS

Today we had a fundraiser for the Church that we attend to raise money for a team of Youth that are going over to Thailand in the September holidays who are volenteering to work in an Orphanage, what a great experience - I would love to go and do something like this with my daughter and experience another country and just how blessed and privledged we are to live in Australia. So some of the ladies in our church are into Quilting and something I also love so we organised a QUILT DISPLAY - it was fantastic, I have never seen so many different quilts and how talented these ladies are, I think there were a total of 80 Quilts! I am so inspired after seeing such beautiful work and brought myself so really nice Fat Quarter materials now I just have to get my machine serviced so that the reverse button works and I'm going to do some more quilting, I don't think I've make anything for a good 1 1/2 years and most of it is still packed in a box from when we moved so I am going to dig it out and set it up and make some nice little projects, the day was a huge success and I'm not 100% sure but I think they nearly raised $3000 - here are some photo's from the day.

1 comment:

keslyn said...

All these quilts look so good, well done to everyone envolved, hope you raised lots of money.
I love your photos and your scrapbooking.
Kerry